The Paarl Cycle Tour, a seeding race for the 2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour, takes place on Sunday 2 February 2020, starting and finishing at a great new venue, Fairview Wine Estate, which offers ample parking. The races will take place on the rural roads in the Agter Paarl area.
There will be three races under the auspices of the PPA, with online registration, timing and seeding by RaceTec. Register by clicking on the route option below.
The closing date for on-line registration is
Monday 27 January 2020 at 12:00.
- Numbers can be collected at ASG Paarl in the Laborie Centre on 1 February from 08:30 to 10:30 or at Chris Willemse Cycles at Willowbridge from 12:00 to 15:00.
- Late entries are accepted on race day at Fairview from 05:00 (fees are R320 for the first race, R300 for the second race and R260 for the third race).
- Cyclists will take off in a northerly direction from the entrance of Fairview (this section of road will only allow for north-bound traffic on race day).
- Participants coming from Wellington will have to travel via Paarl or via Klapmuts (R44) to reach Fairview.
- The race will finish at the intersection of the Old Paarl Road (R101) and the South Agter Paarl Road. Thereafter cyclists return to scenic Fairview, where there will be a variety of food and beverage stalls as well as music and kids’ entertainment.
- There will also be a bike park, so that you can lock your bike, relax and enjoy the festivities and the lucky draw.
- Prior booking is recommended for the restaurants at Fairview and Spice Route (Sundays are particularly busy).
- Proceeds of the race go to Paarl Rotary projects focusing on early childhood development.
- If you wish to stay over in Paarl, visit www.paarlonline.com/stay-in-paarl for accommodation options.